Asset Protection & Medicaid Planning
The team at Ledbetter Law Group can help protect your assets from creditor claims by planning in advance. We have various tools and techniques to limit creditor's access to either your individual or business while operating within Florida statute. Late planning usually backfires and can be costly and stressful. By taking the initiative to plan to protect your assets, we are able to assist in a calmer and more affordable manner.
Our Medicaid Family Protection Trust allowes us to set different goals for each client.
- Asset protection for the client's family
- Ability to provide a legacy regardless of any creditors that could pop up later
- Protects the client’s assets if the need for Medicaid ever arises
- Focuses on protecting a legacy for the client’s loved ones, not the possible failure of the client’s health and subsequent need for Medicaid
Florida Asset Protection
Asset protection planning is to guide the individual or family in a legal approach toward giving sufficient control so that their assets do not disappear.
Do you have concerns about:
- Running out of money if you (or your spouse) become ill and require significant care
- Having no control over who provides care for you if you need it
- Choosing the type of care you want and where you want to receive it
- Leaving an inheritance to your loved ones, only to have it taken by their creditors
- Your children misusing the property or money you leave to them
- Providing support to a loved one with a disability both during your lifetime and after your passing
- Making sure your wishes about care and your finances are carried out
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, the team at Ledbetter Law can help. A long-term care asset protection plan is not a one-size-fits-all set of documents. Each plan is designed based on your concerns, your desires, and your goals.
Florida Medicaid Planning
Part of our Medicaid Crisis Planning is to go through a checklist that will measure if the client is eligible to receive Medicaid benefits.
Ways Ledbetter Law Group Can Prepare:
- Prepare a MAPT, Medicaid Asset Protection Trust