Steve W. Ledbetter, Esq.
Steve W. Ledbetter, Esq., has been practicing law since 2002. His practice has included work in a wide range of subject areas while representing a wide range of clients including the federal government, corporations, financial institutions, and individuals. His practice has taken him from the mountains and rain of Portland, OR, to the shops and great restaurants of Dallas, TX, and finally back to his home state of Florida with the beaches and sunshine, where he and his family have settled down in Venice on the Gulf Coast.
Currently, Mr. Ledbetter focuses his practice on the areas of law revolving around Wills, Trusts, Probate, Trust Administration, Business Succession Planning, and Real Estate (including Title Services).
Mr. Ledbetter is known as a fair, yet aggressive, attorney. He always puts the goals of his clients at the forefront of every matter and through clarity of communication, dedicated work habits, and use of the latest technology works to produce effective results in a timely and cost effective manner.
Integrity, persistence, attention to detail, and excellent client communication have all been cited by his clients as strengths.
2001 – Northwestern School of Law of Lewis and Clark College
1997 – Principia College
Bachelor of Arts in English Literature & Environmental Science
The Florida Bar – 2007
State Bar of Texas – 2003
Oregon State Bar – 2002
FLORIDA BAR SECTION MEMBERSHIPS
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law
- Young Lawyers Division
- Elder Law
- Elder Counsel
- Sarasota County Bar Association (SCBA)
- Venice Area Estate Planning Council
- SCBA South County Division – Past President (2012-2013) & Board Member (2010-2014)
- SCBA Young Lawyers Division – Past Board Member
- Legal Aid of Manasota – Board of Directors
- Sky Family YMCA (Venice) – President & Board Member, the Venice Advisory Board
- Venice Area Young Professionals (member & past Executive Committee Officer)
- SERTOMA Club of Venice
- American Cancer Society – Board Member
- Venice MainStreet, Inc. – Board of Directors
- The Venice Symphony - Board of Directors